Friday, February 18, 2011

As New Berlin Turns

In the continuing soap saga of New Berlin & MSP, MSP is now saying they might sue New Berlin over their opposition to affordable housing.  New Berlin is saying MSP can't develop, either because Deer Creek Homes isn't the same entity anymore (it was dissolved March-October 2010), or because the original development plan had deadlines that were missed.

Incidentally, I hereby retract the nyah, nyah I made on MSP's behalf.  I think New Berlin's hiding behind technicalities, but those might matter.  I don't know the case precedents on this, if any, and that could very well be the deciding factor.

In my opinion, though, MSP has plenty of grounds to sue on other issues, but they're apparently not interested in going down that path yet-they want to build using the tax credits they have, on the land they control.  Pursuing a lawsuit on other grounds could very well chew up time putting their tax credits at risk.

No comments: