Friday, July 23, 2010

A Home For Everyone Wrap-up

I attended the A Home For Everyone Conference which took place Wednesday & Thursday in scenic La Crosse.  There were many good workshops.  Attendees saw the numbers behind the Homeless Prevent & Rapid Rehousing programs around the state, learned the sobering statistics after the Point-In-Time Surveys (of homeless residents) around the state, listened to legislators discuss housing issues, found out what was happening housing-wise in La Crosse, networked, and more!

Speaker Sheridan had an amusing bit when talking to a candidate running in La Crosse.  He said (from my memory), "On your first day at the Capitol, you will walk up the steps and say to yourself, 'How did I get here?'  After six months, you will say to yourself, 'How did they get here?'"

It was a very successful conference which pleased me because I'm on the planning committee for the conference.  I'm told many of the PowerPoint presentations will be available online, and I will link to them when they're up.

Save the date for next year's conference in Stevens Point on July 27-28 with the Homelessness Conference taking place on July 26 at the same location-the Holiday Inn Stevens Point Conference Center. 

2 comments:

Shabana Wollin said...

Brian,

I came upon your website from Independence First's featured blogger page and your blog from LinkedIn. Very nice resources! I would like to add you to my list as a resource for blogging on our social media site when we have it implemented.(I can talk about it in detail via email/phone) I would like to invite you to connect with me on LinkedIn (please send invite) and My blog
Thanks!
Shabana

Max Max said...

Thanks, Shabana, for the nice comments! I've sent you a Linked In invitation.